Tuesday, December 17, 2013

enjoy

It's that time of year when I pop in every now and then with a cookie recipe...and that's about it.
There is just too much to enjoy right now.....and I'm really trying to soak it all in.
I start school in just a few weeks.......eeeek!
I know life will get crazy and busy and just be.....different.
So I'm focusing on the extra time that I have right NOW.
I went snowboarding with friends last week, and then we took the kids up to ski (for the first time!) on Saturday.
I let the kids play hooky from school yesterday.
We've all been staying up too late.
I got out for an afternoon run today.....which made me feel a little bit better about all the cookies I've been eating.
Like these ones.
I never make chocolate cookies.....I know I'll just eat them all.
Robby is a classic chocolate chip cookie guy--any other cookie he'll have just one or two....and leave the rest for me.
It's terrible.
So I've been downing these, reassuring myself it's ok, because next month I won't have time to make cookies. I'm storing up for winter....right?
www.inthelittleredhouse.blogspot.com
8 ounces good quality dark chocolate, chopped 
6 tablespoons unsalted butter 
3 eggs 
1 cup sugar 
1/3 cup all-purpose flour 
1/4 cup cocoa powder 
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1tsp cinnamon
1 cup milk chocolate chips 
1 cup white chocolate chips 

In double boiler over hot water (or a metal bowl over a pot of boiling water), melt dark chocolate and butter. In large bowl with electric mixer or whisk, beat eggs and sugar until thick; stir into chocolate mixture. In small bowl, stir together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and cinnamon; stir into chocolate mixture. Gently mix in milk chocolate chips and white chocolate chips. The dough will be very soft--refrigerate for about an hour, or if you want to speed things up, put it in the freezer for about 20 minutes until it's firm enough to roll into balls. Heat oven to 375°F. Scoop out dough and roll into 1" balls and space evenly on cookie sheet (these cookies spread--I put 9 on a standard size cookie sheet)
 Bake 10-12 minutes or until shiny crust forms on top but interior is still soft.
Cool. 
Eat.
www.inthelittleredhouse.blogspot.com
Enjoy.


blogged 1 year ago: all I see
blogged 2 years ago: it takes two [english toffee]

2 comments:

likeschocolate said...

Ok, now I have to try these! Thanks for the recipe! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Dina said...

they look yummy!